The nominations for United Way’s ELEVATE Awards for Central Indiana’s next gen leaders are rolling in (Thank you, and keep them coming!). The ELEVATE gala is United Way of Central Indiana’s new, signature fundraising event designed to engage and recognize up and coming philanthropists, volunteers and advocates who care about our community’s social issues.
Behind the scenes, we’re planning for the somewhat daunting next stage—evaluating all of the great profiles and choosing winners. After a quick review of the slate of incredible nominees so far, we realize we have a BIG job ahead of us. We’ll be looking to a panel of community leaders and experts to get the job done. We’re so excited to introduce you to our ELEVATE judging panel!
Jason Buckner, Manager of Scouting Administration for the Indiana Pacers serves as the Vice Chair for the Awards Committee of ELEVATE.
“We are very excited about the diversity and wide-industry representation we have in this year’s panel. Each judge represents the best of what our community has to offer. They are all leaders who give a substantial amount of time to civic, community and philanthropic efforts. We know they will be equally impressed with the caliber of nominations we’ve received for the inaugural ELEVATE Awards.”
Six local leaders have been selected as judges for United Way’s ELEVATE Awards:
J.D. Ford, Indiana Senator, District 29
Blake Johnson, President IndyHub
Nikki Lewallen, Director of Partnerships Emplify
Jennifer Magley, Coach and Entrepreneur
Marshawn Wolley, Director of Community Engagements and Strategic Initiatives at the IU School of PUblic and Environmental Affairs at IUPUI
Tamara Cypress, Corporate Communications Professional
This group convenes this month to review submissions once nominations close on January 14, 2019. Finalists in each category will be announced on January 31. With mojitos in hand, winners will be announced at ELEVATE’s Havana Nights themed gala on March 2.
Individuals age 21-40 will be recognized in four individual and one group category, including:
- YP Innovator of the Year: Young professional who leveraged or created an innovative way to fundraise or further the mission of a cause or social issue in Central Indiana
- YP Volunteer of the Year: Young professional volunteer whose unselfish and dedicated service has made meaningful and lasting impact in Central Indiana
- YP Board Member of the Year: Young professional who served on a community, organization or foundation board of directors who demonstrated outstanding service and commitment to its objectives
- YP Nonprofit Leader of the Year: Young professional founder/executive director/CEO of a nonprofit whose leadership advanced a cause or social issue in Central Indiana
- YP Employee Resource Group of the Year: A corporate supported Employee/Business Resource Group that developed and executed an impactful event, initiative or project that addresses a social issue important to others in their company and/or Central Indiana